Monday 7 November 2011

Engine Research


For my project I need to design and make a whale airship based around WW1. One of the main problems that I’ve had already throughout this project is trying to make the airship fly without it being too unrealistic. After much research I decided to create an engine which is attached to the whale. The Whale breathes hydrogen from its air holes, passing through pipes which are then attached to a balloon above the Whale, enabling it to float. In order to create an engine I have been gathering reference images to create an idea of how this could progress in the design stages of the project.

These are different examples of Steam powered engines which were used during and before the time period of this project. 
Engine Research

No comments:

Post a Comment