Wednesday 9 November 2011

Return of the Jedi - Junk Barge

Whilst talking to Alan in my tutorial on Friday he told me to have a look at some of the vehicles in Return of the Jedi, in particular the Khetanna.


The Khetanna was a Ubrikkian industries luxury sail barge, owned by the crime lord Jabba Desilijic Tiure (also known as Jabba the Hut). He used this barge to sail across the Dune Sea of Tatooine and for pleasurable expeditions to the Great pit of Carkoon.





The reason that I have researched this vehicle is because me and Alan talked about some of my sketches in my book and decided my designs were progressing more towards creating a junk type barge, similar to the Kheetana seen in the images above. 

Another vehicle which we talked about looking into was the smaller vehicles which accompanied the Khetanna. These vehicles were called Skiffs which carried the Huts guards.


No comments:

Post a Comment